Symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and How to Protect Yourself
COVID-19 is a common virus that causes a disease that can cause a respiratory tract infection. It can affect your upper respiratory tract (nose, and throat) or lower respiratory tract (windpipe and lungs). It is a pandemic disease that spreads through aerosols and mainly person-to-person who are in close contact with another.
It ranges from the common cold to Middle East Respiratory syndrome that means severe to acute.
As it is a Zoonotic disease humans can be infected by civet cats, camels and bats.
The COVID-19 incubation period is 2-12 days but mostly it’s symptoms reveal themselves around the 5th day.
Clinical features range from no symptoms (Asymptomatic) to severe pneumonia and death.
Symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Dry cough
- Sputum production
- Shortness of breath
- Myalgia or Arthralgia
- Sore throat
- Nausea and vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Conjunctival Congestion
- Probably 5-6 symptoms can be shown in COVID-19
How Can You Protect Yourself From Acquiring COVID-19
There is no certain specific treatment protocol published by WHO so the best way to prevent it from occurring is to practice social distancing. You can avoid COVID-19 by
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, particularly, after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Use sanitizer after 1 or 2 hours
- Try to avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick (within about 6 feet)
- Stay home if you are sick and get some medical care
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Wear a facemask if you are sick
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them, Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.